Friday, March 5, 2010

Teething Sucks!!

Last night I finally decided I would go to bed early...... And at 11:10 Nathan woke up screaming. Long story short his canine is coming through and it kept him up till 2am. I gave him Motrin, but it didn't help. I felt so bad for him but there was nothing I could do. My dr. has told me not to use oragel at night because it can be dangerous if it numbs his throat, he can choke oh his saliva in his sleep.

So the question is, when he wakes up, I rock in the rocking chair with him, but it's getting REALLY uncomfortable for me because he puts a lot of pressure on my belly. Oded is REALLY against me bringing him to our bed. I could go lay with him on the couch, but his toys are in the living room, and I am afraid he will think it's pay time. What do I do? I want to bring him to the bed but Oded thinks he will get the idea that if he wakes up crying he can come to our bed. He never co-slept so I don't think he will think it's ok every night.

Any suggestions?

Despite Nathan not sleeping well, we had a good day. He ate well, played nicely, but was a nightmare in the supermarket. He grabbed a tomato and took a huge bite out of it! lol! I am trying to teach him to keep his hands to himself but he doesn't get it. He wants to touch everything on the shelves, and everyone that passes. He grabbed a kids kipah (skullcap) off as the kid walked by.. lol! He also yells and screma for more at EVERYTHING! I might have to start grocery shopping when Oded is home to watch him.

Well that's all for my day.... it's 12:20am and Nathan has not woken up since he went to sleep so here's hoping to a full night without any disturbance.... Good night all!

2 comments:

  1. We had this a few weeks ago- it's a tough one. We let them get up and consoled them, rocked them, motrin etc. Once they calmed down we put them in their beds. We ended up giving Wyatt a sippy of water when we put him back down one night because that was the only thing that was keeping him calm and I couldn't stay up any longer and Lincoln was almost out. teething totally sucks! It's like we got 4-5 months with nothing, then POW, we have 4 at once...then nothing.

    I usually shop alone- I get in and out much faster that way. I've only taken both of them once- when they were small. Now if I take one with me they had better be happy, well rested and fed because I am not dealing with a crabby kid at Target. So far they've been pretty good. I'm sure that won't last though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. Problem is if I put him down he becomes HYSTERICAL! Some times he will cry for 2 minutes and be out, but some times he will not stop crying. So I never know should I take him out again? Let him figure it out on his own that he needs to go back to sleep?

    ReplyDelete