So apparently I'm not so good at this blogging thing. It's been 11 days since I posted anything. This is going to be long!
Things have been really hectic for me.
First things first is I have been having an issue with my pelvis due to this pregnancy that only delivery will cure. For about 3 weeks now I have had A LOT of pain by my pubic bone. I fell down a few steps (one leg went one way and the other leg the other way which made it worse). I have a separation in my pubic symphasis (that is more so then normal). Normal in pregnancy is 3-4mm and mine is 7-8mm. This causes me to have clicking in my pelvis, pain when walking, and just general discomfort. Right after birth I will need to have x-rays, and see an orthopedist immediately (before I leave the hospital) to make sure there has been no dislocation of my pelvis during childbirth. My Dr. is considering a c-section to spare my pelvis the trauma. Besides I don't know if I can go through the pain of having my legs in the position necessary for birth. The best position right now to keep me pain free is legs together. Definitely not conducive to birthing. The other minor thing is that baby girl is transverse, so I may need a c-section regardless of what is going on with my pelvis. After birth if my pelvis does not go back to normal, I will need to be fitted for a pelvic brace.... I PRAY this is not the case.
Nathan is teething like crazy, the canine that was taking forever FINALLY came through after giving him hell for over 2 months, so he now has 5 teeth. His bottom molars seem to be giving him pain lately. They are coming through hopefully soon. His gums are swollen, and white, and bulging, and I wish I could take the pain away from him, but there is not much I can do. Cold meals seem to be his preference since it soothes his gums, and I give him ice pops to help too. I have tried the Highlands all natural teething tablets, but they do NOTHING! I have also tried oragel but he does not like it at all! I don't think he likes the sensation of the numbing agent.
On another note, I have been trying really hard to get Nathan on a schedule. Till now I just fed him when I thought he was hungry, put him for a nap when I thought he was sleepy and followed his cues. However I don't think I was doing a very good job at it because it always seemed like I was too late. He would be crying for his lunch as I made it, overtired by the time I was putting him for a nap and crying for a long time before falling asleep, and bedtime was anywhere between 7-11pm, and it just made for a very irritable baby. He was taking two 45 minute naps a day (one at 11am and one at 3pm) and waking up very cranky after both.
I am now proud to say that after 2 weeks of a being really rigid with his schedule he seems to be SOOOO much happier. He is having one 2 hour nap every day and waking up happy. He is getting so well adjusted to his schedule that he already knows when snack time is (I realized if I give him a snack before his nap he sleeps MUCH longer). When he is done his snack and I take him out of the high chair he heads up stairs to his room, since he knows it's nap time. Nap time is no longer a 2 hour battle to get him to sleep. I hold him off a little longer then before (naptime is now 12-2) and he lays down and is asleep in a few minutes. I really now see it now that kids do MUCH better when they know what's coming next. Bedtime is now narrowed down to 7-8. No more late nights. He is also going to sleep a lot easier since I instituted a good pre-bedtime routine. It TRULY helps prepare him for sleep. He knows that after dinner is bedtime and he heads upstairs to the bathroom for his bath without me having to take him up crying. He is now a much happier kid during the day which makes for a happier Mommy.
I realized I needed to do this before the baby comes. He needed some stability in his day. It has also made it so much easier for me to get things done because I know I can count on a good nap. I can now prepare dinner MUCH earlier then I had been because I know he will sleep long enough for me to do it. I know I have x amount of time in the morning and x amount of time in the mid day to go out and run errands.
Overall, my hard work has paid off, and things have gotten a lot easier for me.
I have also scaled back a lot on the amount of facebook games I play, and the amount of time I spend on my computer during the day. As a result my house looks A LOT better. My laundry actually got all done on laundry day (I do laundry every week on Wednesday). Till now I was washing it all on Wednesday, and it was sitting for at least a week unfolded, and then I wouldn't want to do more laundry because it was more to fold.
In short I have definitely learned to use my time wisely! I miss being on my computer so much, but I know it's better for me and my family's happiness.
Another big decision is we have decided to get rid of the cable. We will keep our internet, and basic TV, but we will no longer have the Family package. It will save us lots of money that we really need right now. We have also decided to get rid of the cable box in our bedroom. We both feel it will give us the opportunity to do other things at night (get your mind out of the gutter), like read a book. I have so many books I bought to read and they sit and collect dust. We will keep the DVD player so we can watch a movie occasionally, but we realized we watch WAY too much TV and it really gets in the way of any family time, and any cuddling time, and any romantic time.
So that's it for now.
Oh one more thing! Using swagbucks.com I earned $30 in Amazon.com gift cards!!! I bought Nathan's toddler bed on sale from $89.99 to $51.99, minus the $30 and I paid $21.99 for his bed!!! I am so proud of myself!
All in all I have been busy with good things. We are now at 35 days till our baby girl arrives and we can't wait!
Glad to know things are going better. I need to get things figured out with me going back to work. I am very proud of your for taking care of your family! You are doing a great job and are a wonderful mommy!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lacey :)
ReplyDelete