It's been a while since I posted.
Things have changed a lot here. Emily Malka entered this world on 4/22, at 22:02 weighing 5lbs 14oz, and 19 1/2 inches long. I can't believe I had such a teeny little baby. Nathan was 7lbs 12oz. That's a difference of almost 2 lbs!!! My dr was shocked at how small she was.
I am not so surprised. I only gained 12lbs this pregnancy, and all through out they kept monitoring Emily's growth through sonograms because she was always measuring very small. They always scared me by saying there could be something wrong but it never really worried me because I just knew everything was ok.
My Labor and delivery was SUPER easy, 3 hours from start to finish! It was the complete polar opposite experience then I had with Nathan. With Nathan I had a 16 hour labor, with 4 hours of pushing, an epidural that never worked right, and the worst pain in my life. I literally thought I was going to die with Nathan. He ended up being vacuum. This time, my labor progressed super quick, I pushed for maybe 30 seconds and Emily was born. I had an epidural that worked and gave me tremendous relief. This is what childbirth should be like for all woman!
Now we are settling in, I'm trying to get used to being a mommy of 2 under 2. It is NOT easy. The first 2 weeks I cried everyday. I really thought I can't do this. I am now getting used to functioning on no sleep, and just trying to not be too hard on myself.
Nathan was reallg ood in the beginning but now he is becoming SUPER sensitive. If anyone tells him no other then me or Oded he bursts out crying. He has also started hitting (no idea where he picked it up from). We are working on it.
Oded has been working super hard in school and I feel like I never seem him anymore. I can't wait for him to be done!
On another note I think Nathan has been missing Mommy time, so I took him out today, just me and him. I took him for new shoes, poor kid grew 2 sizes and I didn't know!! I took him in 2 months ago, and she told me he had plenty of room, come back at the end of April, beginning of May.... so it's a little past the beginning, but 2 whole sizes? No wonder he hated putting on his shoes! Guess I don't win Mommy of the year award. Then we went to Dunkin donuts/Baskin Robbins for Ice cream. We had a great time and now it's time for me to go put him to bed....
Ta Ta for now....
Don't think the hitting has something to do with little sister. Ian has been become more ... physical ... lately. I think its a stage they go through. I didn't want you to think it was just Nathan.
ReplyDeletehmmm thanks Dawn. i think it's mostly him expressing his frustration at not being able to communicate. I have started to discipline him. It's just not working. Today he hit Emily with a hard toy on the head because I was feeding her and couldn't go do what he wanted me to do (get down a toy he couldn't reach). I immediately scolded him, made him kiss her and say sorry, and I explained that she was crying because he hurt her and that he has to be nice and only make nice gently.
ReplyDelete