So today I venture into the world of blogging.
A little about me. I am 28 years old, and a SAHM (stay at home mom) to my beautiful, smart, curious, and mischievous son Nathan who is 14 months old. I am 32 weeks pregnant with a baby girl due to show her face around April 24th. I married the best man in the world, Oded, on November 12th 2007, and it's been a great journey since. Not the smoothest one without bumps in the road, but hey, every journey has it's ups and downs. He has come a long way, and is so amazing in helping me at home with cooking, cleaning, and taking care of Nathan. He is great with Nathan and if I didn't exist Nathan would be completely content with just having his Aba (hebrew for daddy) around. Some men have this notion that cooking and cleaning, and all housekeeping duties are the woman's responsibility, but not my husband. I am so thankful he loves to cook, and does it more often then I like to admit. He is my rock, and my support, and without him I can't imagine how my life would be.
I am number 9 of 11 children. I have 4 olders brothers, 4 older sisters, and 2 younger sisters. Growing up in a large family has it's positives and negative, but I wouldn't trade my family for the world. I didn't have the best upbringing, and it was definitely anything but peachy, but through years of personal growth and emotional exploration I have learned that NO ONE has a perfect life, and we can take it all in and learn from it. I spent so many years being angry with my parents for what I had to endure as a child, and for what they put me through, but a few years ago I had an epiphany. They are only human. They did not have great examples in the least bit of what parenthood should be and they did the best they could. That's not an excuse for their actions, but it helped me put everything in the past. I also came to the realization that I could spend the rest of my life being angry about it all, or I could let it go. That began my path to healing and forgiveness, and I can truly say I now have a better relationship with my parents then I EVER did in my entire life, and I truly love it.
My family is mixed with Orthodox, Modern Orthodox, Not Orthodox, and in betweeners. I fall in the in between label. We are not the most religious but we keep Kosher strictly, and we don't drive on Shabbos (the Sabbath). Till now we were undecided if our children would go to public schools or private school. I was all for public school, but Oded was adamant about private school. I have a very deep passion for Jewish holidays, and I had a realization recently that if I want my children to share that passion, it has to come not only from me, but from their education as well, so we have made the decision that our children will DEFINITELY be going to Yeshiva (private Jewish school).
I created this blog just to have an outlet for my thoughts, worries, and everything in between. For me this is my place to get everything swirling around in my head out.
I hope you enjoy following me on my journey....
CONGRATS on your blog and welcome to the blog world! I can not wait to read all about you and your world! And WOW 11 siblings. That is amazing. I have no blood siblings, but 4 step brothers and 1 step sister, who are all blood" to me!
ReplyDeleteps i am your first follower!
YAY!!! My 1st follower, and 1st to comment :)
ReplyDeleteLove it! I can't wait to keep up with you more!
ReplyDelete